sunnuntai 15. toukokuuta 2011

Antiquing....





Husband took me antiquing yesterday. We had planned to search some furniture for our house, but didn't find anything interesting, yet. So we have to continue looking for those. The place was so filled with everything that it was even hard to move in there. I found these though, some of them were in the bottom of a box and some were on the plate, covered with everything else. So I almost missed them. Old buttons, glass beads and rhinestone chain.






When I saw these old brass buttons, I knew that I had to make a pair of post earrings of them. There was 6 of these, but 2 were so badly damaged, that I could do nothing for them. Shame. These will be a gift to hubby's older sister, they reminded me off her. I sure hope she likes them! These were in a quite a bad condition, so I had to clean them first, it took a while... Then I polished them with a car wax (yeah) and finally attached a sterling silver posts on them. I wish you could see the buttons in nature, there is some kind of a foil inside of them. When the light goes through the button, they sparkle.





Just had to play with photos...







I also had this perfect gift box for them. It was made around 1970 and is art nouveau style, made of brass. Cleaned and waxed, ready to go :)






These will be shipped tomorrow!!!


I still have other pair left, not sure what I'm gonna do with them...






And here is my latest LeBouton earrings. Long earrings filled with soft colours. Pearls have a shade of white, light pink, light peach and light golden peach. They actually look amazing in nature. Headpins are brass, but the posts are sterling silver. Buttons are once again made of mother of pearl.






Wishing you all a perfect sunday!!!











1 kommentti:

SalSaDesign kirjoitti...

I have couple of those same buttons myself and I love them. They are absolutely stunning!